Fellowship and Training
- Small Project Assistance
A grant initiative to support ASTDA members through small-scale financial assistance.
Educational and Training Resources
- 2015 STD Treatment Guidelines
The STD Treatment Guidelines have recently been revised and reissued by the Centers for Disease Control.
- The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers
The NNPTC is a CDC-funded group of regional centers created in partnership with health departments and universities. The PTCs are dedicated to increasing the knowledge and skills of health professionals in the areas of sexual and reproductive health. The National Network provides health professionals with a spectrum of state-of-the-art educational opportunities, including experiential learning with an emphasis on prevention.
- University of Washington Course on the Principles of STD and HIV Research
This 2-week course is held annually in July in Seattle, and offers an intensive introduction to most aspects of clinical, epidemiologic, pathogenesis, and prevention research in STD and HIV.
- CDC STD 101 in a Box Ready-to-Use Presentations
- The Practitioner’s Handbook for the Management of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- CDC Guidance on Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection in Men Who Have Sex with Men (June 2013)
- International Union Against STIs North American Newsletter
- Kaiser Health News Daily Policy Report
- STD Prevention Online
Other STD-related Journals
- American Sexual Health Association
- National Coalition of STD Directors
- Training Opportunities at Johns Hopkins
- American Public Health Association
- American Society for Microbiology
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Infectious Diseases Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Center for AIDS Prevention Studies (CAPS)
- Alliance for Microbicide Development
- AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition (AVAC)
- Guide to Public Health Careers
Small Project Assistance
An ASTDA initiative to support members through small-scale financial assistance for projects that advance our mission, objectives and commitments. Submissions are reviewed in two annual cycles, in January and July. Learn more about what we fund and submit and application.