ASTDA awards recognize individuals who epitomize the Association’s mission. Awardees are honored for significant contributions toward the prevention, control and ultimate eradication of sexually transmitted infections. Individuals may be recognized for significant scholarship in medical, epidemiologic, laboratory, or behavioral research; for the development of high-impact programs in partnership with key communities; for exemplary teaching or mentorship of developing leaders; or for other distinctive services to the field.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 15, 2020 by 5pm Eastern Time (no extensions will be granted).
There may be three (3) awards presented annually:
- The ASTDA Distinguished Career Award is presented to a person with a long and extraordinary career in the field of sexually transmitted diseases.
- The ASTDA Achievement Award is presented to a person at mid-career to acknowledge an outstanding body of work in sexually transmitted diseases or to an individual for a single major achievement in the field.
- The ASTDA Young Investigator Award is presented to a person engaged in outstanding work in the field of sexually transmitted diseases who is no more than seven years from completion of training.
- Nominations must be made by an ASTDA member, but the nominee need not be a member.
- Nominees are individuals who currently or previously lived or worked in North America.
- Nominations should include the CV of the nominee and a single, short (one-page maximum) letter summarizing why the nominee is being put forward.
- Multiple support letters for a nominee will not be accepted.
- Members of the ASTDA Executive Committee* are not eligible for awards (see below for the names).
- Nominations should be submitted as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/15/2020 5:00pm Eastern Time (no extensions beyond the deadline will be considered).
Let us know if you have any questions.