Release of First-Ever Sexually Transmitted Infections National Strategic Plan
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is excited to announce that the first-ever STI National Strategic Plan (STI Plan) will be released on Thursday, December 17, 2020.
You can learn about the STI Plan and where to find more information about it by participating in a webinar hosted by HHS, Thursday, December 17, 2020 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET. The plan will serve as a roadmap to help federal and non-federal stakeholders at all levels, and in all sectors, reverse the sharp upward trends in STI rates and further address this growing public health epidemic.
ADM Brett P. Giroir, MD, Assistant Secretary for Health, will lead-off the session. He will be joined by:
• Gail Bolan, MD, Director, Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• Carolyn Deal, PhD, Chief, Enteric and STI Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
• Carol Jimenez, JD, Deputy Director for Strategic Initiatives, Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP)
• Susan Robilotto, DO, Director, Division of State HIV/AIDS Programs, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
• Judith Steinberg, MD, Chief Medical Officer, OIDP
Registration is required and participation is limited to the first 1,000 registrants.